6 Rohingyas Burnt in Gas Cylinder Fire in Ukhiya

A Rohingya camp in Cox's Bazar || Reuters File Photo: Collected

A Rohingya camp in Cox's Bazar || Reuters File Photo: Collected

Six Rohingyas, including children, sustained burn injuries from a gas cylinder fire at Ukhiya camp in Cox's Bazar Thursday, police said.

The injured were identified as Nur Alam, his wife, their two sons, and two others from a nearby home, reports UNB.

They are being treated at Kutupalong MSF Hospital, said Naimul Haque, commander of Cox's Bazar Armed Police Battalion-14.

The fire broke out at the house of Nur Alam at Block D/4 of Ukhiya Rohingya Camp 1/East.

"Alam's wife was trying to light their gas stove in the morning but it did not work. She might have left the gas cylinder on to light the stove with a matchstick, which caused the fire," said Naimul.

Comments

Shampratik Deshkal Epaper

Logo

Address: 10/22 Iqbal Road, Block A, Mohammadpur, Dahaka-1207

© 2022 Shampratik Deshkal All Rights Reserved. Design & Developed By Root Soft Bangladesh