hm-atif-wafik

Woman Killed, Two Injured As Gas Cylinder Explodes In Bhola

Representational Image

Representational Image

An elderly woman was killed and two others including a child fell sick inhaling ammonia gas after a gas cylinder exploded in an ice factory in Bhola’s Daulatkhan upazila on Saturday. The deceased Siddiqa Khatun was the wife of late Hadis of Ward No. 3 of the municipality.

The injured are Faiza, daughter of Mofiz, and Humaira, daughter of Bellal, of the area. The accident occurred at Khorshed Alam Darvesh's ice mill on Saturday at 7:00 pm.

Witnesses said ammonia gas spread in the area after the gas cylinder of Darvesh's ice mill suddenly exploded.

Due to the gas explosion, the tin shed roof of the factory blew away and the walls burst. Two skilled firefighters were sent inside the ice mill with protection to see the situation. However, no casualties were found there, he informed.

Inhaling ammonia gas is very harmful. If it enters the human body people can get sick and die. So, efforts are being made to move people in the area to a safe distance, said the Fire Service.

Siddiqa Khatun, Faiza and Humaira of the neighbouring house fell seriously ill as they inhaled the toxic gas.

Locals rescued them and took them to the hospital where the on-duty doctors referred them to Bhola Sadar Hospital for better treatment. Siddiqa Khatun died while undergoing treatment there.

Liton Ahmed, deputy assistant director of Bhola Fire Service, said he came to the spot after receiving the news of an ammonia gas explosion at Thana Road in Daulatkhan._UNB

Subscribe Shampratik Deshkal Youtube Channel

Comments

Shampratik Deshkal Epaper

Logo

Address: 10/22 Iqbal Road, Block A, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207

© 2024 Shampratik Deshkal All Rights Reserved. Design & Developed By Root Soft Bangladesh