hm-atif-wafik

Four Of A Same Family Suffer Burns In Kitchen Explosion

Sheikh Hasina National Burn And Plastic Surgery Institute. File Photo

Sheikh Hasina National Burn And Plastic Surgery Institute. File Photo

By accumulated gas at a flat's kitchen in the capital's Bhatara, four members of a family suffered burn injuries in an explosion caused yesterday on Monday. The injured are Roksi Akhter (20), her sister Futu (18), Roksi's son Ayan (3) and Roksi's father Abdul Mannan (60).

After the incident they were rescued and admitted to the Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute at around 11 pm on Monday. 

It is known that the village home of the injured are in Maijpara village of Maheshkhali police station of Cox's Bazar. They live in a rented house in a residential area of Bhatara police station.

Dr. Tariqul Islam, resident doctor of the Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute said, last night, four people including women and children came to our emergency department with burns. Among them, 55 per cent of Roksi Akhtar's body, 55 per cent of Futu Akhtar's body, 70 per cent of baby Ayan's body and 50 per cent of Abdul Mannan's body have been burnt. They have been admitted to the intensive care unit. All of them are in critical condition.

Ahmed Mostafa, a relative of Roksi Akhter, said that there was a loud explosion in the kitchen of the house on Monday All four people in the room were burnt. Later they were rescued and taken to the local hospital first. From there, Sheikh Hasina was brought to the National Burn Institute for advanced treatment.

Subscribe Shampratik Deshkal Youtube Channel

Comments

Shampratik Deshkal Epaper

Logo

Address: 10/22 Iqbal Road, Block A, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207

© 2024 Shampratik Deshkal All Rights Reserved. Design & Developed By Root Soft Bangladesh