Toxic Gas Exposure Kills One In Capital

Dhaka Medical College And Hospital (DMCH). Photo: Collected

Dhaka Medical College And Hospital (DMCH). Photo: Collected

After inhaling toxic gas in Dhaka’s Adabar area on Tuesday, a man died and over a dozen people fell sick. The deceased was identified as Kabir Hossain, a day labourer by profession. Jakir Hossain, who brought Kabir to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), said a chemical drum exploded at a scrap material shop in the Beribadh area adjacent to Shyamoli Housing Project-2 this morning.

Many dwellers also became ill after being exposed to the toxic gas, he said.

Kabir was rushed to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital (ShSMCH) and later he was taken to DMCH where the on-duty physician declared him dead, Jakir said.

DMCH police outpost in-charge Inspector Md Bachchu Mia said the matter was informed to the police station concerned and the body was kept at the Dhaka Medical College morgue.

ShSMCH Director Md Shafiur Rahman said 14 people were hospitalised in the incident and nine of them were released later.

Subscribe Shampratik Deshkal Youtube Channel


Shampratik Deshkal Epaper


Address: 10/22 Iqbal Road, Block A, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207

© 2024 Shampratik Deshkal All Rights Reserved. Design & Developed By Root Soft Bangladesh