hm-atif-wafik

New evaluation Method For SSC Examinations

SSC Examination. File Photo

SSC Examination. File Photo

The education ministry, in line with its new school curriculum, has almost finalised a fresh evaluation method also for the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and equivalent examinations, will wil be going to effect from 2025.

As per the pronouncement, the SSC and equivalent exams will be split into two parts -- one is written and another is activity-based.

The written part will account for 65% weightage, while the rest 35% weightage will be based on students’ activity-based performance. The decision was taken in a meeting at the Secretariat on Monday with Education Minister Mohibul Hassan Chowdhoury in the chair.

It is stated that the activity-based performance will include preparing assignment, presentation, exploration, visualisation, problem-solving, and planning. Meeting sources said the weightage distribution was not finalised yet, adding that the final decision would be taken after further reviews and discussions regarding the matter.

Earlier, a 14-member committee formed by the education ministry had recommended a 50-50 weightage for the written part and activity-based assessments. The committee’s recommendation, however, was slightly changed in Monday’s meeting by lowering the weightage for the activity-based part.

According to meeting sources, if NCTB can complete the relevant activities swiftly, the weightage fixation issue will be placed in the pre-scheduled meeting of NCTB for final approval.

Launched in 2023, the new curriculum was initially applied in the first grade of primary school and sixth and seventh grades of secondary school that year.

In 2024, the curriculum was expanded to the second, third, eighth, and ninth grades. It is expected to cover the fourth, fifth and tenth grades in 2025.

The eleventh grade will be brought under the new curriculum in 2026, and finally, it will be introduced for the twelfth grade in 2027.

Subscribe Shampratik Deshkal Youtube Channel

Comments

Shampratik Deshkal Epaper

Logo

Address: 10/22 Iqbal Road, Block A, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207

© 2024 Shampratik Deshkal All Rights Reserved. Design & Developed By Root Soft Bangladesh