Due to the increase in coronavirus infection, the Ministry
of Religious Affairs has issued a notification with 9 instructions to perform
prayers in Jamaat in the mosque. At the same time, religious institutions of
other religions have been asked to follow proper hygiene and physical distance.
This was said in a notification signed by the Deputy
Secretary of the Ministry of Religious Affairs Mohammad Sakhawat Hossain on
Tuesday (June 26).
The notification states:
- Hand sanitizers, soap, and water with a hand washing system
should be kept at the entrance of the mosque and worshipers must go to the
mosque after wearing masks.
- Everyone should perform ablution from their home, perform
sunnat prayers at home and go to the mosque and wash their hands with soap for
at least 20 seconds while performing ablution.
- Carpets cannot be laid in the mosque. Before the five daily
prayers, the entire mosque has to be cleaned with disinfectant, the worshipers
have to take the Jainamaz on their own responsibility.
- Social distance must be ensured in standing in the line of
- Children, the elderly, any sick person and those engaged in
the service of the sick will refrain from participating in Jamaat.
- Soap-hand sanitizer should be kept in the toilet of the
mosque to prevent infection. Jainamaz and hats reserved in the mosque cannot be
- The guidelines of the Cabinet Division, Health Services
Division, local administration and law enforcement agencies must be followed to
ensure public safety.
- Khatibs, Imams and worshipers will offer prayers at the
court of the Almighty after the prayers to be saved from the coronavirus
- Honorable Khatib, Imam and Mosque Management Committee will
ensure the implementation of the issues.
All other religious institutions must adhere to the rules of
hygiene and physical distance, including wearing a mask, maintaining social
distance, and washing hands with hand sanitizer and soap.
In case of violation of these instructions, the local
administration and law enforcement agencies will take legal action against the
responsible persons. The local administration, law enforcement, Islamic
Foundation officials and the management committee of the mosque concerned have
been requested to implement the directive to prevent the spread of the deadly